In 2012, we established the Equity Promise:
Mounds View Public Schools is committed to preparing all students for opportunities of their choice after high school, whether they choose college, a trade school, technical college, the military or employment.
The Equity Promise states:
- Programs and services will be in place at all schools to ensure that race, gender, class and disability will not predict students’ success in Mounds View Public Schools.
- Student academic performance will not fall into patterns identifiable by factors such as race, ethnicity, English language proficiency, socio-economic status and disability.
- The school that a student attends will not be the predictor of his/her school success.
In 2020, we established a goal to update and renew the Equity Promise through the following strategies:
- Establish a District Equity Council.
- Improve and enhance supports for people of color and other underrepresented students with a focus on college and career planning.
- Establish annual training for staff in the areas of anti-racism, implicit bias, equity and inclusion.
- Redesign curriculum and materials to be more culturally responsive and to include absent narratives.
- Review systems and structures for placement of students into courses.
- Review District policies and regulations through the lens of anti-racism.
- Increase the number of staff of color across our workforce.